Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this has got to be the coolest cover that i have seen in a looooooooong time. way to go marvel and the x offices for coming up with something this clever!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wish the guys didn't have those Popeye the Sailorman chins.

------------------
    It's all you need in souperheroes and haute cuisine:
    Culinary_X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Why doesnt Colossus have a shadow?

danielle

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh my gosh...you guys are such nitpickers. It's a cool cover, not perfect but still cool.

------------------
    Darkside

-CXT

<A HREF="http://www.topsitelists.com/out.cgi?area=bestsites&user=syckthrill&nocheat=80& ID=662&url=http://pub36.ezboard.com/fbeddyscomicandfantasyzonefrm18" TARGET=_blank>
    Noh Varr's Anime Realm</A>

[This message has been edited by Knight_Crawler (edited January 20, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GrrlWndr:
    Why doesnt Colossus have a shadow?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, good call! KC was telling me that Paul being barefoot was supposed to symbolize his death ... and they do seem to be walking through a large tomb, so ... this is really quite an excellent cover. Someone put genuine thought into this.

And I think what Lennon was trying to say was that having an afterlife doesn't encourage people to make the most of THIS world, which I suppose is what his song was all about. He probably would have agreed with whatshisname (feel free to help me out) who said that God was a lousy idea because people just took all the best things about humanity and gave them to someone else! Lennon's song, then, is an extreme statement of humanism. I'm not saying that Kurt would disapprove of that song, but he certainly wouldn't agree with it 100%. And I'm not saying that I would, either smile

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sweet...that explains the absense of the shadow.

------------------
    Darkside

-CXT

<A HREF="http://www.topsitelists.com/out.cgi?area=bestsites&user=syckthrill&nocheat=80& ID=662&url=http://pub36.ezboard.com/fbeddyscomicandfantasyzonefrm18" TARGET=_blank>
    Noh Varr's Anime Realm</A>

[This message has been edited by Knight_Crawler (edited January 20, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, here's the actualy cover to Abbey Road, which the cover to Ultimate X-Men #30 pays homage to.
    a6

As you can see, Kurt is,indeed, in John's spot, and Colossus is in Paul's. Supposedly, when played backwards, one of the songs on this record said "Paul is Dead, Paul is Dead" and a lot of Beatles fans (with other encouragement, by the Beatles) actually thought that Paul was dead. He's not wearing shoes because in a lot of cultures, the only time you are in public without shoes is when you're dead...at your funeral, since you are not buried with shoes on. So bare feet symbolize death.

Of course, everyone knows Paul isn't dead, and John is. But I did think that Piotr's death was very well done, even though the reason leaves a bit to be desired. Oh and, Rex said that she'd put Wolvie in Ringo's place, and I agreed (they're both the ugly ones), but now I realize why Storm is Ringo, and Wolvie is George -- The Colors. Storm and Ringo are in Black, Wolvie and George are in Blue. They kept pretty true to the original details.

Inactive Member The French Biscuit's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a better question zhan which is going to die. Why does Wolverine look so constipated? And why does Colossus's chin go out further zhen is chest? Iz it just because the artist was only concerned about Kurt, and if he was can we really be mad at him? smile

~ Vive la France!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Contrary to popular belief, Colossus wasn't killed by the cure for the legacy virus. He died from a rare condition in which the lower jaw becomes hideously enlarged, eventually killing the sufferer.

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Knighty! I couldn't picture the cover really, though I've seen it a million times.

Good call on the shadow, Grrl! One other thing I just noticed, Paul/Colossus is the only one with his right leg forward.

I still wonder why Kurt is the only one not in costume...or if that is just to hint people on the Abbey Road play if they didn't get it from the poses and the lines in the floor.

I don't like the looks of all those bones in the background...